No two days are the same at VG. You will need to be organized, be detail orientated, work under your own initiative yet seamlessly with your team towards the completion of team goals and constantly look for ways to do things better, faster or more efficiently.
Risk mitigation is part of our DNA; you will maintain specialist and technical knowledge across our solutions, awareness of the industry’s evolving legal and regulatory landscape and proactively identify and report risks and concerns in a timely manner to ensure that VG upholds the highest level possible of compliance and reputation.
You will have your own goals, both personal and professional; as part of the VG family you be offered support, professional qualifications and mentoring to build a successful career and fulfil your ambitions.
- Responsibility for Corp Sec and associated administration duties for all entities administered by VG, including maintenance of various Corp Sec and accounts preparation registers’
- Attendance at Corp Sec meetings, taking minutes, inputting director’s time on time sheets, scanning completed Board packs and updating daily Corp Sec meeting register
- Production of minutes from Corp Sec meetings, within a relevant timescale, maintaining statutory records, filing of any relevant documents and scanning of minutes when signed and completion of daily Corp Sec meeting register
- Updating internal CRM system databases with relevant details following transactions at Corp Sec board meetings
- Preparation of stock transfer forms, share certificates, declaration of trusts and all documents for dissolutions, liquidations and reinstatements
- Attendance at new business meetings and writing reports
- Incorporation of Jersey Companies, establishment of Trusts, Foundations and Limited Partnerships along with matters associated with the incorporation/establishment
- Knowledge of the JFSC myRegistry platform
- Sealing of documents with In-house Company Seals and updating electronic sealing register
- Provide input into the maintenance of systems utilised, particularly in relation to the specific forms produced within the Corp Sec department
- Liaising with the Jersey Financial Services Commission and Jersey Registry on Corp Sec matters, as necessary and with online filing of special resolutions, reserving company names and filing of incorporation document
Skills, knowledge and expertise
- Worked within a secretarial team and proven application of professional Company Secretarial practice and a good understanding of relevant Company Law, being a source of knowledge and expertise to provide guidance and technical support to the business.
- Will ideally hold or will be studying towards a relevant professional qualification (such as STEP or ICSA).
- Demonstrate the ability to record accurate minutes and action points without supervision and provide examples of how they managed the consolidation of relevant paperwork for Board Meetings with the ability to communicate with all levels within the business in a clear and articulate manner.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good Communication / interpersonal skills
- Ability to work pro-actively with limited supervision